Come horse around…we have lots of bourbon.
Get this…there are twice as many bourbon barrels than people in Kentucky. With 14 bourbon distilleries within 45 miles of downtown Lexington and some of the best bourbon bars in the country (and over a dozen craft breweries), it’s easy to see why we’re known as The Best Place in America to Grab a Drink.
We’re also the Horse Capital of the World, surrounded by 400+ horse farms. We were recently named one of Zagat’s 30 Most Exciting Food Cities in America. And we’re within a short drive of The Red River Gorge, one of Southern Living’s Seven Wonders of the South.
To make it easy, here are the top 10 ways to explore, eat, drink and horse around in Lexington.
1. Visit a bourbon distillery, such as Buffalo Trace Distillery or Woodford Reserve.
2. Grab a drink at Bluegrass Tavern, featuring Kentucky’s largest selection of bourbon (over 800 individual bottles!).
3. Take a selfie with Triple Crown winner on a Horse Country Tour.
4.Experience the tradition of Thoroughbred racing at the world-renowned Keeneland racecourse. Race meets run in April and October.
5. Dine at Epping’s On Eastside, named one of “OpenTable’s 20 Best New Restaurants of 2019”
6. Spend an evening at the Distillery District–dine at Middle Fork Kitchen Bar, then get ice cream for dessert at Crank & Boom.
7. Get outside and explore the Red River Gorge or Raven Run Nature Sanctuary.
8. Hunt for some of our 30+ murals around the city.
9. Drink a pint at a craft brewery on the Brewgrass Trail.
10. Get lost on a drive through the rolling hills of the Bluegrass countryside.
Any questions? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Take a look around, read some guides, then start planning your trip (just click “Add to Itinerary” at the end of any guide to use our Trip Planner tool. Or go straight to TripAdvisor and book your trip.
Here are some of our favorite guides for you to dig in to: