Question: What's the best thing about Columbus?
Answer: It’s only 3 hours from Lexington.
And we think you’d love Lexington, too.
Why? Because we’re known as the Best Place in America to Grab a Drink. Not only are there 14 bourbon distilleries within 45 miles of downtown, but we have some of the best bourbon bars around and more than a dozen craft breweries.
We’re also the Horse Capital of the World, surrounded by 400+ horse farms. We were recently named one of Zagat’s 30 Most Exciting Food Cities in America. And we’re within a short drive of The Red River Gorge, one of Southern Living’s Seven Wonders of the South.
To make it easy, here’s the top 10 things to do when you visit Lexington.
1. Visit a bourbon distillery, such as Buffalo Trace Distillery or Woodford Reserve.
2. Grab a drink at Bluegrass Tavern, featuring Kentucky’s largest selection of bourbon (over 800 individual bottles!).
3. Take a selfie with Triple Crown winner American Pharoah on a Horse Country Tour.
4. See Thoroughbreds charge to the finish line at Keeneland in April or October.
5. Dine at Dudley’s on Short, named the “Best Restaurant in Kentucky” by Southern Living.
6. Spend an evening at the Distillery District–dine at Middle Fork Kitchen Bar, then get ice cream for dessert at Crank & Boom.
7. Get outside and explore the Red River Gorge or Raven Run Nature Sanctuary.
8. Hunt for some of our 30+ murals around the city.
9. Drink a pint at a craft brewery on the Brewgrass Trail.
10. Get lost on a drive through the rolling hills of the Bluegrass countryside.
Any questions? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Take a look around, read some guides, then start planning your trip (just click “Add to Itinerary” at the end of any guide to use our Trip Planner tool. Or go straight to TripAdvisor and book your trip.
Here are some of our favorite guides for you to dig in to: